Who would have thought?

Looking back to years ago, I would never have thought that I would be living in Boston, married to an amazing man and have a beautiful little son. But here I am and the story started nearly 7 years ago.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby's 1st Christmas




So everyone kept asking me, "What are you getting Stephen for Christmas"? and I thought I was a bad parent if I didn't get him something spectacular for his his 1st Christmas. But then realization set in and I knew that he would not ever remember what he got that day or probably for the next 5 years and knowing the rest of Joe's and my family I knew he would be rather spoiled so we decide practicality was the way to go. So he got socks, clothes and a xylophone. We had a lovely day with family and having the extra kids here Jonah & Tayha made it so much more enjoyable. Stephen opened a mountain of gifts from all of his relatives and when all was said and done and the toys were all laid out for him to play with he rolled his way over to the plastic bag full of all the wrapping paper and played with that. So I think we ca safely say although he loves all his gifts I was safe in my assumption that buying him something spectacular would have been wasted I should have just given him a large box and drawn some wheels and headlights on it and called it a fire engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment